- The True Constitution of Man
- Ego: The Glass Ceiling
- Fearsome Guardians of the Egoic Barrier
THE TRUE CONSTITUTION OF MAN
Here is a wonderful text by C.W. Leadbeater on the true constitution of man:
“This, then, is the true constitution of man. In the first place he is a Monad, a Spark of the Divine. Of that Monad the ego is a partial expression, formed in order that he may enter evolution, and may return to the Monad with joy, bringing his sheaves with him in the shape of qualities developed by garnered experience.
“The ego in his turn puts down part of himself for the same purpose into lower worlds, and we call that part a personality, because the Latin word persona means a mask, and this personality is the mask which the ego puts upon himself when he manifests in worlds lower than his own.
“Just as the ego is a small part and an imperfect expression of the Monad, so is the personality a small part and an imperfect expression of the ego; so that what we usually think of as the man is only in truth a fragment of a fragment.” (2)
EGO: THE GLASS CEILING
When we place our awareness in the third or fourth dimension … in the physical world or the astral realm (the realm of feeling), then ego is like a glass ceiling above us.
This glass ceiling is a ‘permeable membrane’ … coarser astral matter cannot pass through it. When our astral matter becomes well enough refined, though, we can easily pass through the glass ceiling of ego, to worlds of wonder beyond.
FEARSOME GUARDIANS OF THE EGO
As we approach the egoic barrier, there are those, set to guard it, who vie with us to prevent our penetration of the barrier. Called by Thoth “the hounds of the barrier” (3) and by Theosophists the “dweller on the threshold,” (4) these fearsome beings become our last test in the Awakening.
In an Ascension context, such as we are now experiencing, Wanderers come from distant shores to participate in this last test, through which we may, each of us, sift past the illusion of duality to the Fifth Dimension, where abide Christ Consciousness and unconditional love. (5)
MEDITATION TO OVERCOME EGO
I was inspired to this meditation by the teachings of the wonderful spiritual teacher Thich Nhat Hanh. (6)
First, imagine that you are a galaxy:
Image of hands holding a galaxy: http://img02.deviantart.net/b8de/i/2016/017/e/1/galaxy_in_my_hands_by_kurotan_artsy-d9o92fg.jpg ..
Next imagine that God is the galaxy, and you are in point of light, a point of bright awareness, within Him.
In love, light and joy,
I Am of the Stars
(1) ” 香港茶具文物館, Museum of Tea ware Dr SK Lo Gallery, Hong Kong Park, Hong Kong,” by Chanyuk Kunming , 22 December 2013 … https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:HK_Park_%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E8%8C%B6%E5%85%B7%E6%96%87%E7%89%A9%E9%A4%A8_Museum_of_Tea_ware_Dr_SK_Lo_Gallery_interior_staircase_glass_ceiling_view_BOCina_Tower_Dec-2013.JPG … This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
(2) from is the Project Gutenberg EBook of A Textbook of Theosophy, by C.W. Leadbeater, 1912 … http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/12902/pg12902-images.html … This eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere at no cost and with almost no restrictions whatsoever. You may copy it, give it away or re-use it under the terms of the Project Gutenberg License included with this eBook or online at www.gutenberg.net
[Paragraphing is mine. –Alice Clagett]
(3) Hounds of the Barrier: See “The Emerald Tablets of Thoth, the Atlantean,” translated by Doreal, and search ‘hounds of the barrier’ … https://books.google.com/books?id=MXQWqifpxvEC&pg=PA363&lpg=PA363&dq=hounds+of+the+barrier+thoth+doreal&source=bl&ots=TFLt1G8Lzo&sig=7UTLnkChWHlHmifwabh9Qdei33g&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKnruT-5POAhXFJCYKHYSQCb4Q6AEIMjAD#v=onepage&q=hounds%20of%20the%20barrier%20thoth%20doreal&f=false
(4) Dweller on the Threshold: “In theosophical literature, Helena Blavatsky describes it as the discarded astral double of an individual in a previous life that may not have fully disintegrated yet when that individual is reborn. Thus the dweller will be drawn to the new incarnated personality due to their affinity. Sometimes this entity is also called Guardian of the Threshold.”
–from “Dweller on the Threshold,” Wikipedia … https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dweller_on_the_threshold … Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.
Here is a video on “The Dweller on the Threshold,” based on Alice Bailey’s work:
Video: “Alice A Bailley; ‘The Dweller on the Threshold’,” by Jayson, 18 February 2014, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPdc2B6rjMc ..
(5) Wanderers: See “The Law of One,” http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?c=Wanderers
(6) For more about the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, see “Plum Village: Mindfulness Practice Center,” http://plumvillage.org/about/thich-nhat-hanh/
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
ego, monad, personality, C.W. Leadbeater, Theosophy, glass ceiling, dweller on the threshold, wanderers, hounds of the barrier, Christ consciousness, unconditional love, meditation,