- On Passing into the Astral Plane While in Body
- On the Interplay of Desire and Thought in Earthly Life
- How Negative Emotions Cause Off-Kilter Co-Creation of Reality
- How Positive Emotions and Breath Techniques Allow Us to Navigate the Astral Planes
Here’s more on the nature and importance of desire (which is the function of the astral body) in transitioning through the fourth dimension (i.e., the astral plane) and coming into our true power as human beings in the fifth dimension.
ON PASSING INTO THE ASTRAL PLANE WHILE IN BODY
We human beings here on Earth are passing from the physical and lower mental realms into a deeper understanding of the astral realms. So, what does this mean, and what is the lesson in it for us? Knowing more about the astral body helps us understand our journey at this moment.
ON THE INTERPLAY OF DESIRE AND THOUGHT IN EARTHLY LIFE
The astral body has to do with desire. Another name for desire is the word kâma, which was used in ancient India. As stated by Annie Besant:
“Kâma includes the whole group of ‘Feelings,’ and might be described as our passional and emotional nature. All animal needs, such as hunger, thirst, sexual desire, come under it; all passions, such as love (in its lower sense), hatred, envy, jealousy. It is the desire for sentient existence, for experience of material joys,– ‘the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, the pride of life.’ This Principle is the most material in our nature, it is the one that binds us fast to earthly life….
So, as we human beings are journeying into a deeper understanding and awareness of the astral plane, we are, in fact, encountering those emotions.
“United to the lower part of manas [thought] as Kâma-Manas, it becomes the normal human brain intelligence… Considered by itself, it remains the brute in us, the ‘ape and tiger’ of Tennyson, the force which most avails to keep us bound to earth and to stifle in us all higher longings by the illusions of sense….” (1)
The quality of desire is knit together with the quality of mind in a human being. Typically, in men, you’ll find a greater ratio of manas or ‘mind’ in this balance. Typically, in women, you’ll find a greater ratio of kâma, or desire. The two together create the emotional awareness of human beings, without which we would never accomplish anything in the world.
We could sit and think …
We could sit and think all day long, but without desire, nothing would ever come forth into reality.
HOW NEGATIVE EMOTIONS CAUSE OFF-KILTER CO-CREATION OF REALITY
Now, one definition of the fifth dimension is that we will all realize our innate ability, as Eternal Souls, to become co-creators of reality. In the astral plane that we’re engaging in right now and becoming aware of, that quality of co-creation exists.
But because it’s only semi-aware … because the awareness is stifled by negative kilter of the emotions: lust, rage or anger, greed, attachment to the senses, and pride or conceit … kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankar, as they say in India, these negatively tilted, or skewed renditions of the basic fabric of space and time, which is Love and Light … this slight negative kilter creates a kind of unawareness in us, because true awareness is of Love and Light.
So when we engage in these emotions, we become relatively unaware, and consequently, the reality that we create is an untrue, off-kilter version of what is. This astral world expresses itself, in the Christian ethos, the Christian tradition, as a gradation of Light, from hellworlds, through purgatory, on into the light of heaven.
Why is there this difference? Because a being, as it begins to realize what it truly is, rises in vibration in the fourth dimension … from the depths of the hellworlds to the highest regions of heaven.
How does it do this? Through the emotions.
HOW POSITIVE EMOTIONS AND BREATH TECHNIQUES ALLOW US TO NAVIGATE THE ASTRAL PLANES
Tom Kenyon (2) wrote, years ago, channeling the Hathors, in the Hathor Archives, that simple emotions such as appreciation and gratitude would be what saved us through this process. What saved us from the nightmare realms of the fourth dimension. And I agree to that.
Peggy Black, (3) who is his student, also mentions this … that gratitude is the thing we need. It’s the thing that gets you a discount on her courses, and what gets you through the fourth dimension with ease and grace. And I agree completely with all of that. We can overcome the negative twist of our emotions by simply thinking about gratitude.
One of the things that prevent us from expressing positive emotions is the feeling that we are not safe. Matt Kahn has done quite an interesting video on this a while ago, (4) about how we can feel safe. His notion about that is that, for every unsafe emotion that we experience, such as jealousy for example … what we can say, if I understand him correctly, is, “I feel safe to be aware that I feel jealous at this moment.” And we could use this same technique for everything we feel. If I feel angry, enraged … whatever it is, we could say, “I feel safe to be aware that I feel angry at this moment.”
By placing this positive tilt on the negative emotion, we can come through this with grace and ease. We can come through this well.
Interestingly, there’s a song called “Desire, My Great Enemy” (5) that talks about how these emotions can bind us down to the Earth plane, and talks about how we can rise up in our tone or tenor, or the feeling of our Soul song. We can become more refined if we let desire go. And it suggests pranayam as a way of doing this. Pranayam is a technique of breathing.
To get back to Matt Kahn, he has also spoken a while back about getting through this process ‘one breath at a time’. So, by becoming aware of our breathing, we can overcome the negative emotions.
From this whole discussion, I’d like to present just two facts:
- One is that desire, in itself, is not a bad thing. It’s a little like this: If you imagine that a thought is a car, then desire is like the gasoline that allows the car to go to the place we have in mind. In the same way, if we have a thought about co-creating the new reality, desire is the power that expresses this thought as physical reality. So desire in itself is not a bad thing. It’s a necessary thing for us as co-creators of reality.
- And on the other hand, awareness of negative desire is essential to this process that we’re going through now, because without it, we can’t rise to the fifth dimension, which is defined as a state of supreme joy and Love and Light. In order for that emotional state to happen, we have to become aware of when we’re not feeling that way. And so, to create the true reality, we have to overcome desires that are not true.
That’s my thought. Everyone, take care! Till later,
In love, light and joy,
I Am of the Stars
“PRELUDE NO. 11” by CHRIS ZABRISKIE
This music is by Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license
(1) from “The Seven Principles of Man,” by Annie Besant, 1892, pp 18-19 … http://blavatskyarchives.com/theosophypdfs/besant_the_seven_principles_of_man_1892.pdf … This work is in the public domain in the United States
(2) For more on the importance of the emotions of appreciation and gratitude during Ascension, see Tom Kenyon, www.tomkenyon.com … especially see “The Emergence of Multiple Chaotic Nodes: A Hathor Planetary Message through Tom Kenyon,” http://tomkenyon.com/the-emergence-of-multiple-chaotic-nodes
(3) For Peggy Black on the importance of gratitude and appreciation, see www.peggyblack.com
(4) See “Finding Safety,” by Matt Kahn, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDFzisJBEb8 ..
(5) See “Desire, My Great Enemy,” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTysPiqOFIo … You will notice a reference to ‘pranayam’ — the science of the breath, as practiced in yoga. Here pranayam is offered as a solution to the problems caused by (negative) desire.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
desire, sin, astral plane, co-creation of reality, fifth dimension, fourth dimension, heaven, hell, purgatory,
4D, 5D, astral body, awareness, Chris Zabriskie, Desire My Great Enemy, kama-manas, Matt Kahn, negative emotions, Peggy Black, positive emotions, pranayam, space and time, Tom Kenyon, true awareness, fourth dimension, fifth dimension,