- My Personal Experience with Different Sleeping Directions
- 7/27/2016 Update
- Head to the North or South
- Gloms with the unconscious thought cloud of world
- Other people’s negative Lower Mental Body thoughts and emotions … hellworld thought forms
- Head to the West
- Strong energy flowing over my body from the South
- Unconscious thought cloud of the world, which did not enter my EMF toru
- Head to the East
- Strong, insistent, very low sound in my right ear, almost like the sound of a very quietly humming motor
- I felt as if I were in a regeneration chamber.
- It felt like my astral matter was vibrating and healing as a result of this very low sound.
- Changes I Experienced: After just two nights of sleeping East-West rather than North-South:
- I less often hear the Lower Mental Body thought forms of others on the clair plane. This applies while both sleeping and waking.
- More often, I hear the more rational clair conversations of their Upper Mental Bodies. This also applies while both sleeping and waking.
- Also, my astral matter has begun to be more refined.
- Hindu Texts on Best Position of Head during Sleep: East or South
- Why Place the Head to the East?
- Why Place the Head to the South?
- Magnetization of the Human Body While Standing on Earth’s South Pole
- Magnetization of the Human Body While Standing on One’s Head in Greenland
- Theory of Earth, the Great Magnetic Mother
- Sleeping with the Head North
- REM Differences in Sleeping East-West
- In my own experience, sleeping with my head either to the East or to the West relieves the experience of astral visitors from the demon realm, whether obsessive or occasional; as well as negative energies. Head to the East is a little better than head to the West.
- When I sleep with my head to the North, I experience quite an astral negative commotion, highlighted by the V___ D___ mental filter; the energies of astral rape. The same holds true when I sleep with my head to the South, only less so. This I find disagreeable, and so I’ve decided to avoid sleeping with my head to the South, even though some of the texts I read recommend it.
- Your own experience of the pros and cons of various sleeping directions may be completely different from mine. I urge you to experiment, and find out what’s best for you.
7/27/2016 Update: I’m 6 days into sleeping ‘with my head to the rising sun.’ Every night, my sleep has been completely restful. It’s easy to sleep till dawn, if I want to. I no longer feel fearful or always ‘on alert’. My endocrine system is rebalancing, as my adrenal glands are no longer overworked, and that makes me feel a little sluggish during the day. I expect the sluggish feeling to go away as soon as my body gets used to the new endocrine balance.
I anticipate that others of us who are beginning to develop the ascension skill of EMF sensitivity (what WHO calls EMF Hypersensitivity) will begin to notice how their sleeping direction affects their astral bodies and endocrine systems as well.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH DIFFERENT SLEEPING DIRECTIONS
Head to the North or South. For some years, I had been sleeping on my back, hands lightly on my heart, with head South or North, and feet in the opposite direction.
At night, I was experiencing gloms with the unconscious thought cloud of world (specifically other people’s negative emotional Lower Mental Body thoughts and emotions … hellworld thought forms), and almost no conscious thoughts from others (Upper Mental Body). This continued on during the day.
Head to the West. 7/21/2016 On retiring, I tried placing my head West and feet East. I felt a strong energy flowing over my body from the South; this energy carried the unconscious thought cloud of the world, which did not enter my EMF torus. Instead I experienced the Upper Mental Body and Lower Mental Body thought forms of other people as they flowed over me. Insistent attempts were made by other people’s Lower Mental Body thought forms to penetrate my astral body through the first chakra, but these failed.
7/22/2016 This day during the daylight hours I less often heard the Lower Mental Body thought forms of others on the clair plane. More often, I heard the more rational clair conversations of their Upper Mental Bodies.
Head to the East. 7/22/2016 On retiring, I tried placing my head East and feet West … the opposite of the day before. I heard a very strong, insistent, very low sound in my right ear, almost like the sound of a very quietly humming motor. I felt as if I were in a regeneration chamber. It felt like my astral matter was vibrating and healing as a result of this very low sound.
7/23/2016 This day during the daylight hours, just as yesterday, I less often heard the Lower Mental Body thought forms of others on the clair plane. More often, I heard the more rational clair conversations of their Upper Mental Bodies.
Changes I Experienced. 7/23/2016 Both yesterday and today, I can feel the change in composition of my astral matter. After just two nights of sleeping East-West rather than North-South:
- Also, my astral matter has begun to be more refined.
HINDU TEXTS ON BEST POSITION OF HEAD DURING SLEEP: EAST OR SOUTH
I’ve read that the Vishnu Purana, a famous Hindu text, recommends placing the head to the East or South while lying down, so as to avoid becoming diseased. (1)
The Hindu texts also advise that Hell, where sinners are tormented after death, and the abode of Yama, the god of Death, is located “in the south of the universe and beneath the earth.” (2) This diss to the direction South may apply to the notion of not sleeping with feet to the South.
In Hinduism, Hell is where demons and devils and torture of human souls occurs. So it could be that in India, where people in general are in tune with astral plane phenomena, it is generally understood that these sorts of negative astral phenomena are associated with the direction South. The question then arises, would this be the South Pole, or Earth’s magnetic South, which is in Greenland. More on this later.
I see that there has been quite a bit of research to try and figure out the scientific basis for the Hindu teachings, and will go over a little of it, along with my own notions, below.
WHY PLACE THE HEAD TO THE EAST?
As the Sun heats up one side of Earth, the other side of Earth, the night side, is cooling off. This temperature difference creates a change in the Plane of Forces, the force in question being Electric in nature. And electric current is created. This I’ve been able to verity. (3)
The next claim made in the literature I read is that an electric current passing through the human body creates irritation at the exit point, and that it were better this irritation occur at the feet than at the head, which is complicated in structure and delicate. This seems reasonable to me.
However, I saw one photo of an electric injury to a human hand at the entry point, so clearly electric injury, when the current is very high, can occur at the point of entry. My thought is that the East-West electric current of Earth must be beneficially low; otherwise sleep wouldn’t be refreshing.
Another claim is that the Sun energy entering the head is cooling, and that on exiting the feet it is warming. As the Sun is a warm energy, I can’t figure this out, although in real life, it feels true to me. When I sleep with my head to the East, I do wake up with a cool head and warm feet. Go figure!
As to whether the East-West electric current (caused by the Sun heating one side of Earth) courses directly through the body, or creates a circular current within the body, I haven’t been able to discover.
- In sleeping with the head to the West, I’ve felt an insistent pressure of energy all along the south side of my body, like a wave of energy passing over it from the South.
- In sleeping with the head to the East, I’ve heard a sound in my right ear, very low, like a motor noise, that seems to vibrate through every atom of my body in a rejuvenating way.
I don’t know how these observed Plane of Forces phenomena relate to the path of Earth’s East-West electric current through the body. However, my sense of rejuvenation with the head to the East leads me to prefer that sleeping position.
WHY PLACE THE HEAD TO THE SOUTH?
The explanations I’ve found about this have to do with the Plane of Forces energy of Magnetism. I’ve found various places descriptions as follows:
- Magnetic opposites attract.
- The feet, which are South for the human magnetic field, must be placed North so that they won’t be repelled by the Earth’s magnetic field.
However, I’ve also read that “The North geomagnetic pole, located near Greenland in the northern hemisphere, is actually the south pole of the Earth’s magnetic field….” (4) I got this from Wikipedia, and feel it is true. So therefore, the Wikipedia information invalidates the above theory.
Regarding Earth’s magnetization here is “A sketch of Earth’s magnetic field representing the source of the field as a magnet. The geographic north pole of Earth is near the top of the diagram, the south pole near the bottom. The south pole of that magnet is deep in Earth’s interior below Earth’s North Magnetic Pole.” (5)
So from this sketch, if we point our feet north while sleeping, then the South of our personal EMF will be aligned with Earth’s South. Since Earth is the Great Mother, I theorized that our personal EMFs might actually be created by Earth’s EMF.
In other words, the water and iron and other magnetizable parts of our bodies might be magnetized by Earth’s magnetic field as we sleep (thus reinforcing our personal EMF torus). The question was, which way would the body magnetize relative to Earth’s magnetic field? Along those lines, I got very little from the literature. Here it is:
Magnetization of the Human Body While Standing on Earth’s South Pole
Here is an image of a nail touching the North end of a magnetic field. (6) It looks to me like the part of the nail touching the magnet becomes the South pole of the nail. If this type of magnetization applies for humans with regard to Earth, then this would be good for people standing on Earth’s South Pole (i.e., its North magnetic pole. But there are not many people doing this.
Magnetization of the Human Body While Standing on One’s Head in Greenland
Here is another image of a nail touching a magnet: http://www.exploratorium.edu/sites/default/files/f0235.gif
In this image the nail is touching the South pole of a coiled magnetic field, and the point of the nail that is touching becomes the North pole of the nail. This would work well for people standing on their heads on Earth’s South pole (i.e., in Greenland), but there are not many people doing this.
Theory of Earth, the Great Magnetic Mother
Most of us aren’t situated at Earth’s poles; we’re somewhere nearer the middle of Earth. I’d like to propose that most humans are, in this regard, simply a very tiny part of Earth’s huge magnetic field. As such, when we sleep, no matter whether we’re in the Northern Hemisphere or the Southern Hemisphere, I feel we then are invigorated by and our magnetic energy is replenished by Earth’s magnetic field, provided our feet, our magnetic South, point toward Earth’s ‘feet’, her magnetic South, in Greenland.
SLEEPING WITH THE HEAD NORTH
What would happen if we slept with our head pointing to Earth’s geographic North (which would be Earth’s magnetic South? Theoretically, our bodies would reverse magnetically. I could see where this would bring the energies of Earth’s lower chakras into contact with our personal higher chakras. Since the lower chakric energies of our noosphere contain both negative and positive energies, this would, theoretically, bring our sleeping minds into contact with such negative lower energies as Satan, demons, devils, unhappy ghosts, and negative emotions such as pride, anger, greed, sloth, ambition, lust, attachment, and so on.
REM DIFFERENCES IN SLEEPING EAST-WEST
There have been studies that suggest sleeping East-West causes less REM sleep. The articles I read suggest that this may be a drawback, as REM sleep is necessary to rejuvenation of the body. (7) However, I’ve not been able to find out anything about how much REM sleep is optimal.
It’s possible that North-South sleeping causes too much REM sleep, and that East-West sleeping causes optimal REM sleep. This might be why I’ve experienced less disturbed dreaming while sleeping East-West.
In my own experience, sleeping with the head either to the East or to the West relieves the experience of astral visitors from the demon realm, whether obsessive or occasional; as well as negative energies. Head to the East is a little better than head to the West.
When I sleep with my head to the North, I experience quite an astral negative commotion, highlighted by the V___ D___ mental filter; the energies of astral rape. The same holds true when I sleep with my head to the South, only less so. This I find disagreeable, and so I’ve decided to avoid sleeping with my head to the South, even though some of the texts I read recommend it.
Your own experience of the pros and cons of various sleeping directions may be completely different from mine. I urge you to experiment, and find out what’s best for you.
In love, light and joy,
I Am of the Stars
(1) See “How the Direction You Sleep Affects You,” http://www.the-open-mind.com/how-the-direction-you-sleep-affects-you-1/
(2) See “Naraka (Hinduism),” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraka_(Hinduism)
(3) See “Thermoelectric Effect,” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_effect
(4) “The North geomagnetic pole, located near Greenland in the northern hemisphere, is actually the south pole of the Earth’s magnetic field, and the South geomagnetic pole is the north pole.” — from “Earth’s Magnetic Field,” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_magnetic_field
(5) by TStein , in https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Earths_Magnetic_Field_Confusion.svg … This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
(6) “Magnetization of a Nail,” by McZusatz … Attribution: CC-BY-SA-3.0 via https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Magnetization_of_a_Nail.svg
(7) See “Could the Direction You Sleep in Improve Your Health and Well-Being?”, in Body Ecology, http://bodyecology.com/articles/could-direction-you-sleep-improve-health.php
FOR MORE INFORMATION
“Sleeping Positions and Directions,” by Master Yuvaraj Sowma, in Vasthu Sastra (Indian Feng Shui): Traditional Indian Architecture, http://www.vasthusastra.com/sleeping_position.asp
“How to Sleep Well,” in “Experience Hinduism,” http://experiencehinduism.com/scientific-facts/sleep-facing-east-or-south
About the Gunas
“The Three Gunas: How to Balance Your Consciousness” by the American Institute of Vedic Studies,” https://vedanet.com/2012/06/13/the-three-gunas-how-to-balance-your-consciousness/
“Tuning the Mind,” by Swamini Vimalananda, http://forum.spiritualindia.org/sai-baba-spiritual-discussion-room/what-are-sattva-raja-and-tama-gunas/
“Three Gunas in Vastu [the arrangement of space on air or land],” https://en.vedicencyclopedia.org/wiki/Three_Gunas_in_Vastu
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
sleep, sleeping position, health, obsession, unconscious thought cloud of the world, demon realm, demons, devils, ghosts, REM, Earth’s thermoelectric current, plane of forces, Earth’s magnetic field, human magnetic field, V___ D___ mental filter, astral rape, Lower Mental Mind, telepathy, Higher Mental Mind, astral matter refinement, demonic possession, hellworlds, regeneration, Great Mother, astrogeophysics, Hinduism, gunas, gloms, endocrine system, ascension skills, EMF hypersensitivity, EMF sensitivity,