Last week, midweek, I went to see a Shen Yun performance. I learned a very great deal there, with regard to
- joining my energy to that of the Universe,
- leading with the heart through movement in the world,
- balancing the body’s energies, and
- spontaneous adjustment of pranic flow.
I’ve been trying to find a way to express this, so that others can atune to it too.
JOINING ONE’S ENERGY TO THAT OF THE UNIVERSE
I’d like to start with the Shen Yun video “At One with Nature,” which seems to me to express joining one’s energy to that of the Universe.
Video: “At One With Nature – The Most Inspiring Dance Video,” by Shen Yun Official Account, 12 March 2015, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U471PIge39Q ..
I read on their website (1) that it is the Arts that make a connection between heaven and earth. The first act of the performance I saw enacted bringing the gods of the heaven worlds to Earth. As the performers danced, the air above them filled with movement, as if Divine beings had materialized on the astral plane to bless the performers and the audience.
The performance deals with many energies other than human-human interactions. Shen Yun speaks to the archetypal images of heroes, dragons, sages, emperors, and the Gods (the immortals). In this sense, the stage is much larger than that of modern mass media. Further, the cast of characters has within it the elements that allow the Soul to choose a way of being untainted by darkness.
What I’m suggesting is that person-to-person relationships, while much vaunted and much thought of, are only a very small portion of all that a human being is capable of relating to in terms of living energies. For me, for instance, my relationship to the Earth, to the Souls of those who have passed on before us, to the world of the Jinn and the Ifrits, to the Plane of Forces, to the nature spirits, to my fellow beings of light, to the Angelic Realm including the Devas, is purely fascinating. Further, how I hold the Demon Realm and the forces of darkness, is of utmost importance in an opposite kind of way.
When awareness is expanded to the many that comprise the All, everything changes. The human mind first attains a degree of neutrality, a suspension of shiftless and worthless meanderings. Slowly it shifts from interpersonal awareness to the vast play of cosmic awareness. The emotions refine; negative trills and frightful thrills riffle off into the ethers. The heart enlivens and embraces Love for all beings everywhere. This is the Cosmic Drama, and not just the small screen of everyday life as vetted by societal expectations.
And so, I say, why not look to that which is not expected? Find that for which there is no name. Explore the Unknown in us, and everywhere around us. What a wonderful quest might that be!
LEADING WITH THE HEART THROUGH MOVEMENT IN THE WORLD
This next video expresses leading with the heart through movement in the world:
Video: “o3 24 forms Yang Style Taichi Chuan by ‘Queen of Taichi’ Master Jiamin Gao of US Wushu Center,” by Chinese Wushu & Tai Chi Academy, 13 August 2016, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an5qNCspzUw ..
See how exquisitely balanced the movement of the dancer is? What if my chakras were that well balanced? What if I had that kind of atunement with movement? There arose in me a longing to be like that.
Then a few days later, I realized that sort of atunement might be had through ‘leading with the heart’ through movement. I’ve been searching youtube to find an example of dance that would show what I intuited. I think this young lady expresses it well, as does the song “You Raise Me Up”:
Video: “You Raise Me Up – Solo Dance,” by gossipinelle, 5 February 2010, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn04aOKHaKk ..
There’s a way of walking, I heard, in India, where when a person steps forward with one foot, the toes are the first part of the foot to touch the ground. I took a class in tracking and Native American lore once, and the teachers described this same way of walking. They said it was used to walk silently through the forest. Here’s a similar walking pattern, toes first, in ballet:
Video: “Ballet Class – Classical Walks, Beverley Leisure Centre, Beverley, E.Yorks, England in the year 1994, by daimen 1352, 25 May 2012, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40oyk53Am5w ..
It seems to me this way of walking, even thought rather than actually practiced while walking, can create a fluid grace of movement, and a balance of form. For me, it allows me to bring conscious awareness into the everyday movement of walking … from the parking lot to the grocery store, for instance. Anytime.
Then the second feature of this aware way of walking is to make the chest convex rather than concave. This way the shoulders are back, the head is erect, and the function and energies of the heart aren’t cramped up by a constricted rib cage.
I have to say, it’s an incredible feeling using this convex chest posture: The blood is more oxygenated, and movement flows through the body, into the world, as if derived from Source itself. It’s as if God is leading my dance with the Universe.
Some very good ways to correct chest posture are the shoulder rolls and neck rolls of yoga. This video shows my favorite 10-minute yoga warmup session, with neck and sholder rolls starting at 7.19:
Video: “YogaVision Kundalini Yoga Warm Up Exercises,” by Kundalini Yoga 101, 16 June 2013, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmBYcZvURbs ..
So that’s what I have on leading with the heart through movement in the world.
BALANCING THE BODY’S ENERGIES: BREATH EXERCISES TO ADJUST PRANA
One thing I noticed right away about the Shen Yun dancers was how evenly distributed their chakric energies were, up and down the spine. As well, their pranic energy was smoothly flowing up and down their body; it wasn’t stuck anywhere.
One of the best ways to become familiar with the body’s pranic energy is through regulation and observation of the breath, for it is the breath that brings prana into the body and distributes it throughout. When the breath is cramped, or unconscious and automatic, the body’s prana stagnates and pools up here and there.
To the psy eye, observing a person with stagnant prana is like seeing a body made of wood, (2) rather than a living being:
wooden statue of a man (3)
This sort of ‘wooden prana’ gives rise to physical discomfort. With time, this discomfort can manifest as physical dis-ease. Fortunately, this condition is easily alleviated through attention to the breath. Here are a few examples:
- Long, deep breathing … sit comfortably, or lie down on the back. Make the inhale and the exhale as long and deep as is comfortable. Then lie down on the back and allow the prana to circulate through the body.
- ‘Breath of fire’ … sit comfortably; begin with short, rapid breaths. Pump the navel point in with each exhale. This pranic technique quickly cleanses toxins from the blood, so begin with just 1 to 3 minutes; with time, you can practice longer and longer. Conclude with a few long, deep breaths. Then lie down on the back and allow the prana to circulate through the body.
- The 8-Count Breath … The number 8 stands for the Infinite, since it has neither beginning nor end. The 8-Count Breath allows a person to experience the Infinite within and without. Sit comfortably. Inhale slowly and deeply to a count of 8; hold the breath in for a count of 8; then exhale slowly and deeply to a count of 8; and hold the breath out for a count of 8. This pranic technique frees pooled and trapped prana from the body. Trapped prana has a barrier of unconscious negative thought that keeps it walled off from the normal pranic flow of the body. When, through practice of the 8-Count Breath, the pooled energy rejoins the overall pranic flow, there can be a burst of energy as the negative-thought-barrier collapses, and the mind and emotions can be momentarily overwhelmed with negative experiences of the past, which are being freed up. This release of past Soul trauma can make the first few experiences with the 8-count breath memorable. So begin with just 1 to 3 minutes; with time, you can practice longer and longer. Conclude with a few long, deep breaths. Then lie down on the back and allow the prana to circulate through the body.
SPONTANEOUS ADJUSTMENT OF PRANIC FLOW
A few days ago, I discovered the art of spontaneous adjustment of pranic flow; I credit this as an unexpected outcome of viewing the Shen Yun performance. I was led to this through concern for stagnation of the mental and emotional bodies, which as an empathic telepath I had been observing not just in myself, but also in many other people. Telepathically, I had found this stagnation manifesting in Earth’s noosphere in form of:
- astral stories,
- repeated incursions of the Unconconscious Thought Cloud of the World through the Lower Triangle,
- chakric malware neg-speak, and
- repeated misaligned energy patterns of the heart chakra
Here’s the video on my discovery of a visualization with body movement that restores pranic flow ‘on the spot’ … thus dispersing and dissolving the astral stories, the unconscious input from the ever-flowing collective unconscious mind of the world, the chakric neg-speak (which seems to ‘hop’ from person to person, on either the astral or the physical plane), and the misaligned heart energy patterns: (4)
The feeling I got after doing this visualization was of of clair stillness, along with great pranic vitality.
In love, light and joy,
I Am of the Stars
(1) Link: “Shen Yun Performing Arts 2016,” https://www.shenyunperformingarts.org/ ..
(2) In this Musical Suite by Bartok, one motif (that of the wooden doll) expresses the feel of wooden or stagnant prana. The other motif (that of the Princess) has the feel of flowing prana.
Video: “Bela Bartok – The Wooden Prince, Op. 13, Sz. 60,” by Classical Music, 24 March 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ossb9jmIeU ..
Suite From ‘the Wooden Prince’, Op. 13 – Dance Of The Princess
(3) Wooden Statue of a Man, from http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=16019 … public domain
(4) I really like the sacred music of Krishna Das, and so I found it most helpful to do the above visualization to the slow rhythm of Hanuman Chalisa:
Video: “Hanuman Chalisa, Kakrighat, India September 2009 – Krishna Das,” by Krishna Das Music, 1 February 2010, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvLPrWqBjl8 ..
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
ascension, prana, Shen Yun, body movements, pranayama, pranic flow, subtle bodies, clair senses, Universe, emotions,