Image: “Thrall Water Vision: from “Elemental Bonds … Desire”: http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/d/d9/Thrall_Water_Vision.jpg
According to the Theosophist Charles W. Leadbeater, “The astral world has many points in common with the physical; just like the physical, it presents different appearances to different people, and even to the same person at different periods of his career. It is the home of emotions and of lower thoughts; and emotions are much stronger in that world than in this.” (1)
As we step into the ascension process, the path to Christ Consciousness, our awareness begins to expand beyond the gross physical plane, and into the astral plane (and onward to the Christ Consciousness plane, which some call the Fifth Dimension). Those of us who were previously unable to sense the raw and sometimes raging emotions (whether of rapture or of intense suffering) that are characteristic of the astral plane are now beginning to do so.
This passage, which describes how very intensely emotions are felt on the astral plane, offers a context for the phenomenon of en masse astral rape that is being experienced as humankind goes through the process of Awakening:
See “The Astral Body and Other Astral Phenomena,” by Arthur E. Powell, (2) “Chapter IX: Sleep Life,” pp 86-87, starting with the last paragraph on page 86 (the paragraph beginning “The astral world …”), which continues onto page 87.
When awareness of the astral plane first begins to dawn on the Awakening human, then a grueling task is set before him or her, by the very force of this awareness:
- He must learn to tame his ‘desire elemental’.
- He must begin, step by step, to master the first three, tribal chakras (what is called, in yoga, the ‘lower triangle’).
As Powell says, this is quite do-able. Only, we must understand that it is possible to tame the Desire World. As he describes in the below passage, suffering (such as the painful emotions around the sensation of astral rape) can, through exertion of will on the astral plane, be made to disappear immediately:
See “The Astral Body and Other Astral Phenomena,” by Arthur E. Powell, (2) “Chapter IX: Sleep Life,” p 87, the second paragraph on page 87 (beginning “An advantage of …”).
On the astral plane, suffering in the hellworlds is far more starkly insufferable than is suffering while one is in physical form. But precisely because of the bitterness of this suffering, lessons regarding Soul ignorance can be learned more quickly.
- And so, in the furor of the (second chakra) astral rape scene we fall into, we learn to discipline and perfect our procreative urge.
- In the same way, in the fury of the (first chakra) Predator – Prey astral scene, we learn to live and let live.
- And in the (third chakra) ‘I will mind-control the world’ astral dreamland, we learn to offer our magnificent individualized contribution to the All.
The Elohim, who design our experiences of Soul learning, and who have our own highest ends in their great hearts, no doubt consider the intensity of the hellworld learning experience useful to the evolving Soul, as expediency is always, from their perspective, a worthy consideration. Likewise, to the evolving Soul itself, prior to incarnation, and unfettered by physical or astral form, the importance of expediting Soul evolution through suffering the consequences of poor free-will decisions would be crystal clear.
In my own understanding of the astral realm, moving from the hellworlds to the heavenworlds is more explicitly a question of exerting the willpower to change one’s emotions from the darkling emotions to the sparkling emotions:
- from anger, hatred, despair, pain and suffering, fear, annoyance, envy, greed, and pride
- to love and joy, gratitude and appreciation, and a feeling of perfect wellbeing
In that way, all in an instant, our astral scenery changes …
- Where there were demons and devils and such,
- now there are angelic forms, men in raiment of light, great scholars, great scientists, and the great mystics of yore.
In love, light and joy,
I Am of the Stars
Image: See “Thrall Phased into the Maelstrom,” by Wowpedia, http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/6/64/The-Maelstrom.jpg
(1) from the Project Gutenberg EBook of “A Textbook of Theosophy,” by C.W. Leadbeater. This eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere at no cost and with almost no restrictions whatsoever. You may copy it, give it away or re-use it under the terms of the Project Gutenberg License included with this eBook or online at www.gutenberg.net
(2) “The Astral Body and Other Astral Phenomena,” by Arthur E. Powell, is available from www.amazon.com
astral planes, desire, desire elementals, free will, power over, sacred sexuality, Theosophical Society, ascension, astral plane, desire elemental, emotional body, lower triangle, predator, psychic rape, Theosophical Society, tribal chakras, will power, Arthur Powell, soul evolution,
mind control, predator-prey, astral rape, hellworlds, heavenworlds, hell worlds, heaven worlds, C.W. Leadbeater,