- Hermes of Roquepertuse: Male and Female Together\
- The Celtic Antlered God
- Shamanic Androgeny
- Left Brain / Right Brain Energetics
- Cultivation of Balanced Brain Habits
- Mind Power Expansion ,,, Experience of the Divine
I apologize … this is going to be somewhat of a connect-the-dots post. It must be the mental aspect of SuspiciousObservers (2) rubbing off on me. Here goes …
HERMES OF ROQUEPERTUSE: MALE AND FEMALE TOGETHER
I’m attending one of Suzanne Lie’s excellent webinars this Saturday. She gave us some prep work to read – it’s a story about Mytre and Mytria, Divine Complements who are about to merge. This merging has been described in some of Sue’s prolific stories of the future, available free online (3). It’s a merge on the atomic level; joy of loving union felt in every atom of one’s being. Yet the participants retain the ability to become once again their separate selves whenever they wish. Hum….
I’m reminded of Hermes of Roquepertuse, a statue of a Celtic god – male and female, together (4):
What is this statue about, anyway? The union of a man and a woman? Does it depict a human hermaphrodite? Or maybe, the union of the right and left hemisphere of the brain — to create greatly expanded– perhaps even godlike – mind power? Or is it about ‘yoga’ — the union of human with the Infinite.
THE CELTIC ANTLERED GOD
This passage describes union of male and female qualities in folk god lore. This is paraphrased from (7)
The antlered god is characterized thus: androgynous, beardless, standing like the corpus callosum as a bridge between the two hemispheres of the brain, uniting north with south, woman with man. He stands athwart the axis mundi; he harnesses three dimensions of reality. Adorned with riches, he sits and contemplates. He clutches the primordial serpent, over which he has power. Round him gather the beasts of the field. He is like Pan, like Pasupati; he protects and feeds his flocks. (7)
The following passage attests to the respect accorded in ancient times to blending of male and female qualities in one individual:
‘Berdache’ (8) is the name of people who carry the Divine energy of androgyny. This energy allows them to experience the astral realm while in physical incarnation. Famous androgynes were the Egyptian God Thoth, and Hermes Trismegastrus. The word ‘hermaphrodite’ combines the words Hermes and Aphrodite, who were son and daughter of the god Zeus. In this way it represents the marriage of masculine and feminine. (9)
Perhaps in fifth dimensional reality it’s possible for two beings to merge as Suzanne Lie describes. Then again, maybe she’s talking symbolically about new qualities of the human brain – qualities envisioned by ancient man in the Berdache and memorialized in statues of folk gods. I’m opting for the new qualities of the human brain, which brings me to the topic of developing a balance between the activities of the left and right hemispheres of the brain. I know of several avenues for developing and merging the left and right hemisphere. One is energetic and another involves cultivation of habits.
LEFT BRAIN / RIGHT BRAIN ENERGETICS
In Western society, the left brain is almost always well developed at the expense of the right brain. I’ll speak to that, as it’s pertinent to my own situation. If your situation is the reverse, you can adapt this energetic technique to your situation by reversing it.
In the ideal person, the mental body energy is said to be shaped like an oval and filled with brilliant yellow light (10):
See “Mental Body of Developed Man”: http://image.slidesharecdn.com/subtlebodies3-1228740886747407-9/95/the-superphysical-bodies-10-638.jpg?cb=1422573840
In Western culture, the top part of the energy pattern of the mental body is distorted because we concentrate on the left brain. There’s a dent in the energy pattern where the right brain is. The energy in the left brain is no larger than it otherwise would be, but it is energetically denser than the ideal. Here’s an adaptation of a self-portrait of Lee Haywood. I had to flip the image because, for the purpose of this demonstration, he was lifting the wrong eyebrow: (11)
Now, imagine that concentrating on your left brain creates an energetic distortion in your mental body that resembles the outline of his eyes: (11)
That’s what actually happens when we concentrate on the left brain – the energy of the mental body is distorted. Those who are familiar with energy work can sense this energetic distortion and compensate directly for it by moving mental focus to the entire brain. This is the simplest approach.
If this approach doesn’t suit, another approach that can be used. It takes a little longer, but works just as well. That is cultivation of balanced brain habits.
CULTIVATION OF BALANCED BRAIN HABITS
To stimulate the left brain: Practice number skills, written language, reasoning , spoken language , and scientific skills.
To stimulate the right brain: Walk in nature, absorbing the energy all around you. Work with 3-D shapes, enjoy art, become an artist, play with your imagination, listen to music, sing.
If you find your habits fit in mostly with only one of the above categories, set aside a solid block of time every day to enjoy the skills and activities in the other category. Given time, this slow but steady approach will balance your brain. “What of it?” you might say? One benefit has to do with personal relationships.
People are often attracted to mates whose brain functions the opposite of theirs. In fact, one might even make a case for marriage as a union of left brain (male) and right brain (female) qualities. The man likes the woman because she ‘completes’ his mental body. And vice versa. Then the two get together, and their thought forms begin to mingle. The woman starts that left-brain nagging thing: You don’t this… You never that…. The man’s emotional body is stimulated by the woman’s right-brain thought forms, and he starts to be hurt and to withdraw from her. Eventually, D-I-V-O-R-C-E.
Sooo… Why not develop and balance my own brain? Then maybe I’ll meet a person whose brain is also balanced. No more D-I-V-O-R-C-E…. (12)
MIND POWER EXPANSION … EXPERIENCE OF THE DIVINE
In addition to the relationship advantages, union of the left and right hemisphere leads to something really wonderful. The keys to the Universe, one might say. The experience of things As They Are. The experience of union with all that is. The experience of yoga, of union with the Divine. But I expect that’s a difficult story for the most divine human being to describe.
The thing to do is to take the journey, and find out for oneself. Which brings me to Judy Satori’s Alpha Centauri transmissions for greatly expanded mind power (13). Here we have a tool for attaining union of the left and right brain, and then some.
The transmission is available for free at her website, www.judysatori.com . At the top righthand corner of the page, search for “Alpha Centauri Mind Power Expansion” … this ought to bring up several relevant links.
Give it a try if you dare. Possibly you’ll become your own Divine Complement.
Well, Dear Ones, whatever your journey today, I wish you peace and joy in the One.
In love, light and joy,
I Am of the Stars
(1) “Night with Her Train of Stars” by Edward Robert Hughes, from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Edward_Robert_Hughes_-_Night_with_her_Train_of_Stars_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg … public domain
(2) SuspiciousObservers: http://www.youtube.com/user/Suspicious0bservers ..
(3) Suzanne Lie: http://multidimensions.com/ ..
For her stories, see the links for the free books and the blogs.
(4) For more on this, see “Spelling Thee, U and I,” http://androgynousreligions.blogspot.com/2010/01/hermes-of-roquepertuse-sketch-completed.html ..
See also: “Coming Into Oneness: Homosexual and Transgender Sacred Roles” by Daniella Breen, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsGTH3ejLI ..
(5) “Roquepertuse” (Bouches-du-Rhône) têtes adossées à la façon des Hermés grecs, sculpture celto-ligure du IIIe siècle av. J.C., à la réunion des deux têtes se trouve un appendice qui serait le reste d’une coiffure, hauteur=0.39 longueur=0.19 mètre. Musée d’archéologie méditerranéenne de la vieille Charité à Marseille, by Robert Valette … from Wikipedia, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Roquepertuse-Sculpture_deux_t%C3%AAtes_accol%C3%A9es.jpg … This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported, 2.5 Generic, 2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic license.
(6) Celtic Antlered God: Image:Detail_of_antlered_figure_on_the_Gundestrup_Cauldron.jpg licensed with Cc-by-sa-3.0, GFDL, derivative work: Fuzzypeg★ , from Wikipedia, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gundestrup_antlered_figure.jpg … retouched … Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled GNU Free Documentation License.
(7) Paraphrased from a passage on the facebook page “Celtic Mythology”: https://www.facebook.com/mythology.celtic/info#!/mythology.celtic ..
(8) adapted from “Shamanic Androgeny,” http://www.reconnections.net/androgyny2.htm ..
(9) For more on the Berdache, see http://www.thefreedictionary.com/berdache ..
(10) from “The Seven Bodies of Man,” http://www.theosophywales.com/seven_bodies_of_man__a_brie.htm ..
(11) adapted from self-portrait of Lee Haywood , from https://www.flickr.com/photos/leehaywood/4215672566 … CC by-SA 2.0, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
(12) Video: “Tammy Wynette, D-I-V-O-R-C-E”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=912DKxD0H1U ..
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Sacred Sexuality, mind power expansion, androgenous, androgyne, balanced brain, berdache, Divine Complement, divorce, hermaphrodite, Hermes of Roquepertuse, left brain, mind power, mind power expansion, prakriti, right brain, The Antlered God,